This event I attended is called "Conversation of Color." It was held by the NYU Stienhardt School at the third floor in Pless Hall. The session began remembering the service men and women especially during this holiday time. We were ask to make a card showing our appreciation for what they are doing. There were some people who did not support the service workers, however they still make card to send to let them know that they are special. We also talk about the many different crises that is going around the world. One topic that came up for discussion was the crisis in Darfur. How there is little that is being done to stop the countless killing of innocent people.
I found the session to be interesting, worthwhile, and thoughtful. Because many times these are things that are overlooked and for many people they have no clue of what is really going on. I loved the idea of making the cards. I seems like such a simple activity for some people, but for others it is very meaningful.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment